Care Homes

While the UK’s population is steadily growing older, the fastest population increases have been amongst those aged 85 and over. As a result, there are likely to be opportunities for substantial development within the care homes sector in the future.

To ensure that your business is in the best position to take advantage, it is essential to work with accountants who specialise in working with care homes and already act for many clients in this sector – and that’s exactly what you will find at TWP.

Our specialist accountancy services will help minimise your tax liabilities, increase your profitability and build the value of your business. We can assist with:

  • Sourcing funding for expansion through our relationships with corporate finance providers across Surrey
  • Advising on the most suitable structure as your business grows
  • Outsourced bookkeeping and payroll services to enable you to focus on running your care home
  • Identifying new business opportunities
  • Tax planning when expanding your portfolio or selling a home, including the minimisation of Stamp Duty Land Tax
  • Obtaining potential VAT refunds for capital expenditure before March 2002

Another important consideration is to make full use of capital allowances and associated reliefs to generate significant tax savings when purchasing, selling or extending your care home.

At TWP, we have considerable expertise in this area and offer a complete capital allowances service that covers compliance, transactions and planning, both in the UK and abroad. This includes:

  • Preparing and agreeing capital allowances claims on new constructions, refurbishments and property acquisitions
  • Pre-contract enquiries and estimates of allowances
  • Statistically valid sampling for multiple property owners
  • Enhanced capital allowances reviews and planning
  • Long-life asset reviews
  • Tax-efficient building design
  • Retaining capital allowances on disposal

Whatever your requirements, TWP has the experts to help you. Just call 01932 704700 or email for more information.